Fashion Lovers, Montreal is not only a great shopping destination at the crossroads of Parisian effortless chic & North American statement power style translating into laid back urban chic, but it also has great museums with even greater fashion expositions, see for yourself. Little shopping tour guide insider information: The First Sunday of each month, you can access participating museums’ expositions for free thanks to the support of Quebec’s government, more details here and here.
1. Balenciaga at the McCord Museum. Organized by the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, this expo is a North American exclusive premiere until October 14th 2018.
690 Sherbrooke W
2. Wearing our Identity The First People Collection at the McCord Museum. This i s a permanent exposition featuring the culture and heritage of Canada’s first people through the way they used to dress.
690 Sherbrooke W
3. Paris on Display: 18th-Century Boutiques at the Stuart Museum. Dive into the 3 main commercial districts of Paris in the 18th century: La Cité, La Ville and L’Université and get immersed through virtual reality experience until March 24th, 2019.
20 Chemin du Tour de l’isle (Parc Jean-Drapeau)
4. Barbie Expo at Cours Mont-Royal. This free exposition presents a large variety of Barbies wearing high fashion designs, celebrity costumes and famous movie character outfits.
1455, Peel street (Between Ste-Catherine and de Maisonneuve)
5. Queens of Egypt at the Pointe à Callière Museum. Until November 4th learn more about the Egyptian queens, their lifestyle and the precious objects and jewels that surrounded them, with the collaboration of Ubisoft Montreal.
350 Place Royale (Old Montreal)
** Want to step up your shopping and/or style game? Book a shopping tour with us today here.
** Want to collaborate with us in relation to our shopping tours? Tell us about your brand or boutique here.
** Want to get your shopping or fashion event featured? Drop us a line here.
Founder Editor & Personal shopper.